Solar League is looking for full-time volunteers to support our Power to the Homeless project. Due to current coronavirus emergency we see substantial increase in homelessness. For these who sleep rough one charging a mobile phone is a very important problem to tackle.
We believe that using solar panels, specifically solar panels that are mounted on the backpack, can solve that issue in a green and sustainable way. As part of the project pilot we plan to thoroughly test such solution in a real environment.
We expect that quite a bit of manual work will be undertaken, so candidates must be fit enough to work outside in a variety of weathers. You might also find yourself piloting a drone, going through the woods, navigating canals, engaging general public and rough sleepers. So, it goes without saying that volunteering is a fantastic way to build your skillset and gain valuable experience!
- You do not have any long-term health conditions that make you vulnerable to coronavirus
- Ability to cycle
- Aged between 16 – 35
- Willingness to learn and experiment
- Protect any confidential information
- Travel, food and other reasonable expenses covered
- Free accommodation provided if you’re based outside west London area
- All necessary gear provided
- Gain valuable skills
- Make new friends
In order to apply fill in the short form below:
Should you have any questions do email us at email@example.com